The total workload for students is equivalent to 90 ECTS credits. The 70 ECTS credits of face-to-face classes and online teaching are distributed in 14 modules. Each ECTS credit is equivalent to 25 hours of work for the student, of which 5 hours will be of face-to-face classes and 5 hours will correspond to the realization of on-line activities with the monitoring and feedback of each module professors.
For the students of the group of recent graduates (who have obtained the degree or are going to obtain it in the three years prior to the beginning of this Master programme), internships in companies have a curricular nature and, therefore, are obligatory. All students will complete 6 months of paid internship in the WORLD CLASS CENTER FOR ADVANCED MANUFACTURING of ALTRAN GROUP, after taking the 14 modules of classes. Students will be recognized 10 ECTS credits for the completion of these curricular practices.
The students will work in their Final Master’s Project while they are carrying out their practices in ALTRAN GROUP. During the realization of the curricular practices, each student will be assigned a specific innovation project based on the application of Industry 4.0 solutions to solve a specific problem. For the elaboration of the Final Master’s Thesis, each student will choose a research topic directly related to the Industry 4.0 solutions that he is applying in his / her innovation project. The Final Master’s Thesis has a work load assigned equivalent to 10 ECTS credits.
Finally, the distribution of the 90 ECTS credits of the Master is as follows:
- MANAGEMENT FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE (14 ECTS CREDITS)
- MANAGEMENT FOR OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE (14 ECTS CREDITS)
- TECHNOLOGICAL ROADMAP (3 ECTS CREDITS)
- INDUSTRIAL INTERNET OF THINGS (3 ECTS CREDITS)
- BIG DATA ARCHITECTURE (3 CREDITS ECTS)
- ADVANCED DATA ANALYSIS TECHNIQUES (3 ECTS CREDITS)
- SIMULATION AND OPTIMIZATION TECHNIQUES (3 ECTS CREDITS)
- INTRODUCTION TO INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION (3 ECTS CREDITS)
- SCADA AND DISTRIBUTED CONTROL SYSTEMS (3 ECTS CREDITS)
- SOFTWARE FOR MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (MOM): INTEGRATION OF MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS (3 ECTS CREDITS)
- ADVANCED ROBOTICS (3 ECTS CREDITS)
- CYBERSECURITY (3 ECTS CREDITS)
- VIRTUAL AND AUGMENTED REALITY (3 ECTS CREDITS)
- INDUSTRY 4.0 IN THE FOOD & DRINK INDUSTRY: APPLICATIONS AND CASES OF SUCCESS (9 ECTS CREDITS)
CURRICULAR PRACTICES (10 ECTS CREDITS)
FINAL MASTER’S THESIS (10 ECTS CREDITS)